Your Resident Life and Dining Contract is in effect for the full academic year (Fall and Spring Semesters). If started after the beginning of Fall Semester, the contract is in effect for the balance of the academic year.
When You Can Break Your Contract
The following reasons will release a student from the Dining Services Contract:
- Graduation from Dixie State University
- Full-Time Ecclesiastical Calling
For life events, documentary evidence must be presented to the Dixie State Dining Services Office with an Exception to Policy form for consideration of Contract Release.
The qualifying event must take place during the semester requesting the exemption. If qualifying event is outside of the semester dates, a buyout penalty will apply.
Changes in Student Status
- Official Withdrawal from Dixie State
- Failure to Register
For changes in student status, charges vary by semester.
For Fall Semester:
- Up to and including the 5th day of class: $400.00 Buy-Out PLUS charge for any food eaten OR Keep meal plan with no penalty.
- After the 5th day of class: No refund of meal plan for Fall Semester, and a $200.00 Buy-Out for Spring Semester.
For Spring Semester:
- Up to and including the 5th day of class: $200.00 Buy-Out PLUS charge for any food eaten OR Keep meal plan with no penalty.
- After the 5th day of class: No refund of the meal plan.
In the case of eviction, you may keep the meal plan or pay a penalty of $200.00 per semester to break the contract.