Evening Salad Bar Attendant and Prep
1st Year-$7.75 (After receiving food handlers permit)
Report To: Salad Bar Attendant
Days: Possible days for employment are seven days per week. Schedule is posted each Friday by Noon. Days off must be requested by Noon on Wednesday for the following Sunday through Saturday.
Job Description: Responsible for shredding, cutting and slicing of all fruits and vegetables for the salad bar in the evenings and catered events. Identify, portion and prepare the salad bar items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station and serving station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Prepares items by peeling, paring, coring, portioning, washing, sectioning, zesting, cutting, or scoring.
- Review the days/week catering orders.
- Fill containers on the cart in the refrigerator for upcoming events.
- Prepare salads.
- Check salad bar and refill as needed.
- Do the next days prep work as assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness of salad bar area: Counters and sneeze guards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Must hold current Southwest Utah Public Health Department Food Handlers Permit.
- Closed toed shoes.
- Uniform – shirt, hat, and name tag.
- Be familiar with Campus Dining Services Handbook.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Keep yourself clean and neat in appearance and action. Practice good sanitary habits at all times.
- Report to work on time.
- Be polite and courteous to fellow employees and customers.