1st Year-$7.75 (After receiving food handlers permit)
Report To: Lead Cashier and Red Rock Cafe Lead
Days: Possible days for employment are seven days per week. Schedule is posted each Friday by Noon. Days off must be requested by Noon on Wednesday for the following Sunday through Saturday.
General Statement of Duties: Ensure an accurate accounting of all transactions. Receive cash drawer at beginning of work shift and count money in drawer at beginning and ending of shift to verify its accuracy. Enter food and beverages into the register. Collect payment from customers: meal cards, cash, checks or credit card. Responsible for greeting customers using good customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Count beginning cash drawer.
- Check log book for pertinent information.
- Greet customers with a pleasant attitude and eye contact.
- Enter food and beverages for purchase into register. Correctly accept payment from customers and make proper change.
- Restock fridges, cups, lids, straws, napkins and condiment bar.
- Wipe down tables, drink bar, and salad bar.
- Count drawer and make a deposit.
- Maintain cleanliness of dining room and food court: Tables, chairs, counters, doors and sneeze guards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Must hold current Southwest Utah Public Health Department Food Handlers Permit.
- Closed toed shoes.
- Uniform – shirt, hat, and name tag.
- Be familiar with Campus Dining Services Handbook.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Keep yourself clean and neat in appearance and action. Practice good sanitary habits at all times.
- Report to work on time.
- Be polite and courteous to fellow employees and customers.